Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2016

My Own Daily Chair

This Chippendale wingback chair & ottoman. Sitting in front of a large well kept home in Greenfield New Hampshire with a free sign on it. The house cat had gotten to it pretty well and some of the frame joints loosened up.

Chippendale style is known for their proud wings.
Complex intersections with pulls change from the back to the sides.
I enjoy the little lined pocket. The deep fitted arm covers double the life of the fabric.
This chair has a nice base hieght.
(easy to get up out of)
3 inch foam with a polywrap without piping keeps this piece period.

Nice wings!
 Since this is my chair I closed out the outside back with painted staples.
I never have done that in all my 25 years for any one else's furniture.
Such nice lines the wood artisan has created.
Take the next 3 pics to appreciate the form.
Very nice.


After a day's labor of upholstery I will be living large enjoying this one.
For sure!
 The seat back was a little to vertical for my liking. So I neatly cut off 3/4 of an inch off the back legs.
I'd be willing to bet that 9 out of 10 could cruise Americas box stores and be hard to find a chair that's built to last a hundred years and designed to be upholstered not thrown away in the trash.  And a set that is good for your body.
My Bride & I will sure enjoy this.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment