Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2016

New Hampshire Porch Cushions #3

Spring 2016 is on it's way.
  The owners of a sofa & two chairs with an ottoman made for a 3 season porch needs reworking.  My guess its been at least 20 years since any maintenance has been done.
  The owners chose a nice sunbrella fabric from my in house samples, same day delivered from my supplier.

Steam brings foam back to it's original shape.  There is plenty of life left in the seat cushions.
I also stripped the old polywrap and glued on fresh new polywrap.
Mirror cut pleats.
Wrapped up, waiting for spring.

I make my own custom back cushions.
The old back cushion stuffings were filled with the finest white dust from the deteriorated old stuffings.
Using the proper liner fabric I worked up the new inserts.
Hand sewn closed the zipper slides.
After carefully installing buttons. The back cushions are not looking lazy anymore.
The old back cushions didn't have piping.  I took the time to sew in piping to help dress the set up just a little.
All 11 pieces complete & ready to serve. Safe & sound with my in house fabric library.  With 3/4 of a yard left over after tailoring up a top throw for the ottoman.
Thanks for looking.
Practical Upholstery
The #1 blog in all of blogdom
for North American upholstery shops!

No comments:

Post a Comment