Search This Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2011

My Little Friend

Here is a  picture of  my little friend I picked up in western mass on route 2.

 The creator of my little friend suggested a exterior latex paint.
I sanded down the rough edges with 80 grit sandpaper.
He used portland cement for quality.
                                          They are larger than appear in the pics shown here.
Below shows the close up of the smaller friend.
 Really nice detail for cement castings.

First coat is done!
 And now back on to the second coat.
 It patina'd up just fine.
 I scrubbed down the final coat with fine steel wool.
The height of the larger one is 18 inches.
The height of the smaller one is 8 inches.
I glued on leather on the bottoms.
Sure beats felt.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment