Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

My fingers they weave gold

In comes a sled seat needing some restoration work. The cover had some clues in it but a pattern had to be created from scratch.
 Here shows the base, foam, and old cover.
     A Quick shot of all the pieces after the design process. Many years in the school of hard knocks to get this cleanly cut and sewn.
                                    Attached with stainless staples with a very good quality marine vinyl, this worked up pretty nice!
                                 Some modifications to the tool box flap helped in improving the cover.
                                   This seat is costing the owner a substantial amount less than if purchased from the corporations.  What great value.
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. I was ask to do a motor cycle seat which looked quite similar. I wasn't sure I could do that so called baseball/cadillac stitch. I didn't think it was going to be worth the stress. So many people,especially family and friends, think of upholstery as "just add water and stir".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep out of trouble and frustration by staying away from ANY "weird" requests. I Will not put or use piping on any motorcycle seat i take on. I top stitch the seams after I know what I got. That way i get simple clean work.
    I steam it up or heat hand dryer sure helps!

    ReplyDelete